Sunday 2 December 2012

A quick dining room chair makeover

Both the chairs and the love seat in our dining room were screaming for a new upholstery job.


Having the loveseat covered with that fabric in my house makes me feel like an old lady lives here. And the fabric on the chairs was so very dull and mossy green.


 I enlisted Matthew's help for a quick makeover of the chairs. He's starting to be pretty handy with the tools.



Matthew unscrewed all the seats from the chairs, I stapled on the new fabric and then he helped me reattach the seats. We had a fresh, crisp new look in less than 30 minutes. 


The chairs could stand to be stripped and refinished, but that's far down the list of priorities at this point in time.

I haven't started on the love seat yet. That job is a bit daunting - I think I'll tackle it over the Christmas break when I'm home with the kids for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...