Friday 15 February 2013

The salt cellar


I treated myself to a new salt cellar today. I like to have salt on hand for quick use while cooking, but my old salt cellar was nothing to write home about. Functional, but definitely something to keep hidden away behind closed cupboard doors.


So when I discovered this little gem, I jumped at it. It's silver plate, and it had the glass liner intact! I'm not sure that it was meant to hold salt; maybe sugar or mustard, or something else you would serve with a tiny spoon.




I had the perfect little spoon to use in my collection of silver that belonged to Alan's grandmothers. 


When I found it and saw that it was only $2.99, I felt just like the woman in the Ikea "Start the car!" commercial. This commercial makes me howl every time I see it.


It's a small thing, but one that I'm going to enjoy using every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...