Saturday 10 November 2012

Cooking with Cal - Pepperoni rolls

Our furnace conked out yesterday, and the furnace guy was supposed to come after he finished the job he was on. Unfortunately, he didn't finish until 1:30 in the morning. So things are a little chilly around here this morning.

What's a girl to do? Turn on the oven and start baking, of course!

Whenever I start to bake, my little kitchen buddy joins me. This boy loves to eat, but he loves to help cook too.


We decided to make pepperoni rolls. We first had these in West Virginia, where they're the state specialty. There's a whole website dedicated to them here. I chose a recipe and we got to work.










































And the finished product was, how shall I put it? A little like a brick? They're tasty enough, but you could use them to bludgeon someone to death. Not that I have that on my mind....


We also whipped up some brownies and I have two loaves of whole wheat bread ready to go in the oven. The kitchen is nice and cozy now, even without the furnace.
























I hope the furnace gets fixed today. It's not supposed to be terribly cold this weekend, but I'm not sure how much of this my waistline can take!

Post edited to add that the bread was by far the best whole wheat that I've ever made. The recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...