Saturday 9 November 2013

Matthew's big CBC Radio debut.



I had a productive day today and made good progress painting the stairs. It's tedious, but moving along.

Cal had two hockey games, so Matthew and I were alone for a significant part of the day. It was nice and quiet, and while I was painting I listened to some podcasts, watched some TedX lectures, and listened to Matthew's on-air debut on DNTO.

A couple of weeks ago Sook-Yin Lee visited Matthew's classroom to interview some of the kids about their biggest regrets. Apparently most of the kids were tongue-tied when the microphone was put in their face. But not our boy - I think he's ready for a a career in show biz. I always thought it would be Cal, with his temperamental personality and flamboyant ways.

If you want to check out the whole program, it's on the DNTO website. I've located Matthew's little part, so if you don't feel like listening to the hour and a half long show, you can hear my little darling at about 36 minutes. I've managed to clip his part and save it as an MP3, but I'm too tired tonight to figure out how to embed it in the blog for easy listening. Maybe tomorrow.

The picture of the class makes me laugh. Matthew is in the midst of the snarl of boys, Sook-Yin Lee, who is only in the class for one afternoon, is laughing at the front, and Mr. Karout, the long-suffering zookeeper teacher of the grade 5 class just looks so... resigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...