Friday 12 April 2013

Championship cookies

This weekend Matthew's select team is playing in the city-wide hockey final. Win or lose, it's amazing that they've made it this far. I thought it would be fun to take some cookies in to celebrate after the game tomorrow. And what could be more fitting than Parkdale Flames team cookies?


I screen captured their insignia and copied the letters into a grid on white paper so that I could use it as a template to make royal icing transfers. I slid the papers into plastic sheet protectors, and greased the plastic with a little bit of Crisco so I could peel the letters off at the end. I then used black royal icing to outline them


and flooded the inside with white royal icing after leaving the black to dry for an hour or so.


The transfers need to remain uncovered for about 24 hours so that they become good and hard. They can then be stored indefinitely in an airtight container at room temperature.

I baked a batch of my regular sugar cookies and cut them out using a maple leaf cookie cutter. I outlined the edges of the cookies in black, and flooded them with red.


After letting the icing dry overnight, I attached to letter transfers with a bit of yellow icing and used a toothpick to drag it out to look like flames.


I figure they'll be great for the celebration of a win, or for consolation in case of a loss!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...